Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Trudging Into Monotony

It's taken me a while to get myself woken up, but I am finally conscious and ready to go through the nuances of my day. Alas, by the time I was ready, it was 1300 - a little less than three hours before the start of my work shift. Yay. *rolls eyes*

I just keep telling myself, "Okay, Josh. Just today, tomorrow, and Thursday. That's all you have to bear with until your vacation starts, and then it'll be ten days where you don't have to worry about jack."

As that happens, though, I have this feeling that those three days will somehow be drawn out and almost elegiac in nature. Like I said yesterday, life feels like it's doing the exact same thing this week... as it was the week before that and the week before that... and so do the work shifts I'm having to conquer and get over before relaxation becomes the chief focus of the day.

I've got things to do before then, so it's best if I get going for now. Until the 'morrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment