Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Playing the Adventure

Today's a good day off so far. Within hours of waking up, I came up with an idea for an excellent entry to post up here. I'm fleshing out these ideas and turning them into something I can incorporate into a writing project... something that just might get that jump-start I had planned for the end of this month become something worthwhile.

What's funny is that it's incorporating a great amount of ideas from both past projects and current ones. There was a saying out there that nothing is really "new" anymore - just recycled into something fresh and (hopefully) unheard of by today's public. And just like that, nothing I have is entirely 100% "new" - it's bits and pieces from the things I enjoyed most from my (many incomplete) works put together into something that has now taken my interest.



And here's the funny part - it's going to look quite childish at the start.

"Serecles forces at eleven o'clock! Shift base of fire twenty degrees left!"
Yes, it may appear that I'm just doing nothing but playing with my Legos, but I have an idea with all of them. A story with characters from all walks of life... a world with strife, peril, and hope... an adventure just waiting to be written out and given the breath of life.

Today's play stories will give birth to the stories you'll read about tomorrow. Make sure you remember that as you read.

No comments:

Post a Comment