Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Internet is a Shiny

You wanna know what happens when I dedicate time to write something for a project? The Internet.

As shown by the elders of the Internet.

The Internet is responsible for about 89.7% of all the things that can possibly derail me from staying on task. For today's distractions, I was originally going to work on an old project I had on here. However, that soon changed when I mistakenly clicked on a friend's Facebook link which took me to Imgur.

I should really work on those tasks, then.
About two dozen unrelated links and about several hundred thousand random pictures later, I ended up smothered in a flurry of open tabs, funny images, equally-awesome YouTube music vids, a strange desire for veggie chips, and not enough time to work on my project like I had hoped I would. While the Internet can be viewed as a blessing to some and a curse to others, I choose to see it as... oh, hey, something funny! *goes off to look at the shiny*

Now who wouldn't want a cool Pokémon-themed wallpaper with an Eevee on it?
It wasn't a total loss, though - I got loads of new wallpapers I can have my laptop cycle through. By that regard, I don't feel distraught about this segue at all. I get new things to decorate my screens with, and I get a post up here for the day.

Mission frakking accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment