Monday, October 24, 2011

Another Entry, Another Poem

If someone wanted to tell me I was a coward
would I believe them?
That such a lie of truth be allowed
to float throughout my mind
to brandish doubt so openly, so confidently
and test my spirit within?

I can say that I don't believe them at all
that strength and courage exist in me
and while I don't display it like other brash fools
I hold it within, use it when necessary
infuse myself with the power to destroy and create worlds
when necessary, when desired, when I'm ready

But sometimes Fate decides to alter the plans;
we're tested and heavily tried
when we're not at our peaks, but at our lowest points
it's the actions we perform that decide
our chances of survival, our chances for success
and the worlds we form from the ashes

No comments:

Post a Comment