Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sonata of the High Noon

I don't know what it is about today in particular, but I found it very hard for me to wake up and get myself woken up. So, to prepare me to haul ass for tonight at work, I figured I'd get this mid-morning and early afternoon cranked out by listening to music that'll slowly get me primed and ready.

Yeah, this is gonna be one of those aurally-inclined entries loaded with a bunch of music, but hey - I like the stuff. =)





CURRENT MUSIC:
Bear McCreary - "Pegasus"
Battlestar Galactica: Season 2 Original Soundtrack


This is the first music piece I listened to today. I'd say it fits, as it begins slowly and peacefully. As time progresses, the calm feeling slowly begins to crescendo and then peaks at the end, all the while maintaining a calm and even hopeful tone.

It fits quite well with where it was used in the series. As an unknown ship jumps into DRADIS range, Galactica and the civilian fleet prepare to jump, but the moment that this unknown ship begins pinging Colonial transponders, Adama orders the fleet to hold position. "Pegasus" begins to play as Adama attempts to communicate with the ship, which claims to be the Battlestar Pegasus. The music continues and rises as Pegasus code-confirms what it really is, and Apollo, sent to investigate in his Viper, visually confirms the claim ("It's like a dream...!").

With that in context, I'd say this is perfect background music for those of you looking for a bit of calm music that builds up and gets you ready to begin the day. For those of you looking for background music for your home projects: if you have a scene involving a reunion of people long thought to be dead, "Pegasus" might just work.


Reel Big Fish - "241"
Turn the Radio Off

A bit of an interlude, "241" (which lasts 2 minutes and 41 seconds, by the way) is just perfect for those moments when the music needs to kill time somehow. Or if you felt like aurally announcing that you are so bored, watching paint dry seems like something you'd like to see.

Regardless of your boredom status, "241" is a pretty fun piece to listen to. All the elements of ska without the lyrics and it still feels like a fun way to use up almost three minutes. Heh.


Sugar Ray - "Someday"
14:59

Mellow, relaxing, and old-school. Helps get me up if I hear it. Of course, I don't listen to this often unless I need something silly in that moment of my life.

How is this song silly, exactly? Well, those of you familiar with my "Songs Inappropriate for the Zombie Apocalypse" playlist know what's up. For those of you who don't: picture a scene where zombies are being slaughtered en masse... or a scene where humans are being consumed by zombies en masse. Bet you couldn't picture either scene without breaking out into some sort of laughter, right?


Uniting Nations - "Ai No Corrida (f. Laura More) (Chaz Jankel Cover)"
One World


Pretty catchy song to dance to. Those of you familiar with the silly randomness of Japanese culture (and those of you who know who Danny Choo is) may have already heard this song without knowing it. A remix version was used in that "Toyko Dance Trooper" video on YouTube.

Listening to this song makes me want to get Stormtrooper armor even more every time this plays. The fact that I once had this on repeat for... like, an hour... probably means that I need to get my own plastic mold injection kit now. And lots of plastic. And time to make it all. Just imagine if I were to walk around my city with this armor. Man, it'd be silly.





Well, that's it for now. I'll see y'all tomorrow. Same site, same silliness, same... uh... mindless humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment