Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Nameless Angel

I leafed through some of my old stuff again today, and I found a poem I felt compelled to share.
That, and I wanted to archive it on the Internet for all eternity (or until the servers crash and lose all the data ever archived).

So, yeah. Here...



"The Nameless Angel" (working title)
Josh Blanco

Another chaotic day
becomes my history as I come home
I see the gateway to relief: my bed
dive into the cold pool of sheets
and begin to relive the day

A melody of words emanates the air
asking if I was alright
I face the open door
see a glowing golden seraph
gazing back at me

She stands in the doorway
erenely cute as ever
curtly smiles my troubles away
becomes my true confidante
as I rant life's problems away.

As I vent her petite form sits next to me
becomes my ever-longed voice of reason
guides my thoughts
with her cotton-soft hands
and an invigorating smile of hope

She sings a bright future into my heart
as velvet curls intoxicate my psyche
until the lines of reality and fantasy blur into one
her ethereal kiss
and the aftertaste of hope

She is an angel in my mind
formless in reality
a representation
of what I look for in love

my soulmate's spirit wandering free






I'm such a sap, aren't I? *sighs*

No comments:

Post a Comment