Sunday, January 9, 2011

Well, I Delivered... Somewhat...

...but it's not DiGiorno. (Yeah; t'was lame. Sue me.)

Yesterday, I promised whoever reads this little (and hopefully bigger) blog of mine that I'd explain the two projects I planned on resuscitating.
And that's what I intend to do tonight. And tomorrow.



Current Music:
Robin Williams - "Prince Ali"
Aladdin: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

After we closed, I decided to break out the music. And after a few requests (consisting of various Disney songs and a certain aquatic song by The Lonely Island), I played this.
Fun-sounding song. Now to learn the lyrics so I can belt them randomly.


The Lonely Island - "I'm On a Boat (f. T-Pain)"
Incredibad

Now, if "a certain aquatic song" wasn't enough of a clue for you, you either live under a bigger rock than I do, or you just don't care for comedy hip hop.
Anyway, it's such a fun song to blare while going down the highway. It's even better if you got a friend singing with you.
Quick note: if you're caught in the open and you decide to sing with me, I call dibs on T-Pain's lyrics. =P





Now, on to the explanations on the first of the two writing projects I intend on reviving...



Unincorporated

When I tried to revive my fan-fiction writing over a year ago, I decided to work on a game franchise I was just learning about and beginning to enjoy: Street Fighter. (Yeah, I know; very late of me - most everyone else here's probably done their fair share of Hadouken-spamming* long before I even started using the famed "Killer Bee" Cammy...)

Anyway, I always enjoyed reading comedic pieces - every so often I'd find something that would just make my day and brighten the world somehow.
So it was decided that I'd write a comedy piece on the famed series...

...but what to write?
I looked back at the stories that drove me to become a fan-fiction writer in the first place, and I remembered an old favorite of mine - a Metal Gear fan-fic called Isolation Will Do That to You by an author named LadyCroft (I'd link it, but sadly, it's no longer on FF.net anymore), where the cast of the game Metal Gear Solid were living together in some Alaskan town in the middle of nowhere.

So I decided to follow a similar route and chucked the Street Fighter characters I knew of (take the playable characters of Street Fighter IV and remove the new ones - Abel, C. Viper, El Fuerte, Rufus, Gouken and Seth - and that's who I tossed in) into an unincorporated part of California.

Havoc would ensue and the townsfolk would've gone nuts... had I continued writing, at least.
But maybe there's redemption for me and this story just yet...
(Besides, I still have to add MORE characters, right?)

(* = If you played mainly as Ken, then it was probably more like "Shoryuken-spam" instead, wasn't it? lol)





Well, that's the explanation for Unincorporated.
Tune in tomorrow for the summary and revival of Shock Squad BETA and the celebration of my 10th blog here!

No comments:

Post a Comment