Sunday, January 16, 2011

Your skill in Cooking has increased to 4!

I can smell the tasty delectable that is fried rice cooking...
...why, you ask? Well, I'm cooking a whole lot tomorrow before I head off to work!

...what's with that look? Just because I've been making a gazillion World of Warcraft references lately does NOT mean tha-

*blinks*

...oh. OH. You're staring at me because I said I was cooking. TOMORROW.
Well, stop looking at me like that and let me explain myself.



I'll be honest: I'm not that good of a cook yet. So far, the only real things I know to cook are breakfast and... well, breakfast.
In further honesty, tomorrow will be the fourth time ever that I've cooked fried rice.

Now I'm willing to bet one of you out there's wondering how those first three batches were.

The first? Made the mistake of throwing in green beans. Yeah, sure; veggies; they're decently good. But they offed the flavor - gave the rice a more bitter feel.

Try two was a bit more successful, and my friends thought it was decent, but I lacked onions and used onion powder in place of it. Not as crunchy and zesty as I'd hoped, either.

The third batch was my most successful - I brought a platter of it to my job during New Year's Eve, and it was completely scarfed within minutes.
From the reviews, it was filling, had a flavorful kick (thank you, spices) that also didn't linger, and was just... MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
Amazingly satisfactory, but also depressing - people went in for seconds and nobody else present at the time got to have a few bites.



Which is where Batch #4 will come in.
Honestly, I can't call it fried rice if there's not a heaping bowl or platter's worth of it - because the stuff is almost inhaled. Nobody can deny that once they have a bite.

Now, if you work with me, I'm gonna say right now: if you're not closing tomorrow night, you're missing out.
To everyone else: Batch #5 will probably be the one you'll want, because by the time you find what's left of Batch #4, you'll... oh, who am I kidding? It'll be gone long before you arrive and the only thing I have left to offer is the wafting aroma of freshly-cooked goodness.




...great. Now I'm starving for some already. Karma...

No comments:

Post a Comment