Friday, August 2, 2013

A Fortune in the Stars

I once heard these words from a magnificent bastard known as Revolver Ocelot:

"There's no such things as miracles or the supernatural - only cutting-edge technology!"

For the most part, when I began to actually think for myself as a teenager, I took those words to heart. Normally, I'm not one for delving in supernatural things and believing in them. I don't believe in any religion, having lost faith in God when I was a teenager (though that doesn't stop me from tolerating most of my friends' beliefs - it's their lives, not mine).

So, why did I spend 500 Bells to hear some nondescript wording about my future?
Recently, I visited a fortune teller who came in to town and decided to amuse both her and me by getting my future read. As you can see above, I was told that I would have "good fortune upon friendship."

Now, from what I understand of fortunes, most readers will tell the clients what they want to hear - that is, they'll gauge the client's mood and personality before saying something that might bolster their attitude. Some will say what the cards actually mean. And then there's the few who actually say something that should be taken into heart.

I think I'm going to take this particular advice to heart. I haven't really been hanging out with many people recently. I haven't really been on Facebook to keep up with people and their lives (although not being on the social networking site as often is probably good for my health *shrugs*). And most importantly, I haven't been valuing friendships enough.

Maybe I ought to. Perhaps my fortunes can increase. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment