Monday, August 26, 2013

Serene Abduction

Friday, February 9th, 2007 –
The day when you kidnapped me from the world
And I was to be your captive for the weekend.

You took me across 22 miles of ocean
And settled me in a place called Avalon
To bond with 40 of my peers from class.

Never in my life would I picture myself
Temporarily residing with you and your sisters
Who dotted the vastness of the Pacific.

During my time there, you showed me peace
And brought forth within me a hidden sense of strength
That, while repressed within me, still keeps me going.

You also showed me of beauty and love,
The concept of having confidant(e)s,
The sweet luxury of being at ease with the world.

Alas, your tutelage was finite
And as soon as I felt your soothing embrace,
I was tossed back towards the chaotic mainland.

As I looked back on the boat ride home,
Your exotic-sounding name spurred within me
A deep longing for serenity that I may never have again.

So whenever I find myself on the waterfront,
I take the time to look your way and say,
"Catalina, I will forever thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment