Saturday, November 3, 2018

A Post to Surpass

It's been a while since I've posted on here. I mean "posted" posted - as in "something that actually took me more than five minutes of thought and staring at a screen. (Meaning that despite those last two posts that came out of nowhere, they don't really count in my mind.)

It's strange... the act of typing on a keyboard almost feels alien to me now. Scary for someone like me - I don't think my past self would've pictured myself with this feeling ten years ago, yet here we are.

An 83% accurate depiction of what my room and I look like.
Let's see if my fingers can adjust themselves back.





I'm not sure where I've been the last few years. If we were to use this blog as the only source of information about my life, then I've been missing in action for quite some time. (Even more so if you count the "crap" posts as a "mental MIA" status.) Of course, if you know me, then then isn't exactly out of the norm. I occasionally drop off the grid for a random amount of time - anywhere from a few weeks to a few months - and then pop back in as if it were only yesterday.

Annoying, I know. Ask my friends from high school - I've done this a lot. Each time I resurface, they'll usually half-joke about thinking I died due to my inactivity. (Though from what little I've heard over the past few months, there's an old friend who's even further off the grid than me - and I haven't heard anything from him in a while.) However, I've been off-radar much longer than I've ever been - and I'm sure most of my friends have all but forgotten me.

Afghanistan, circa 1984.
I can't blame them if they have - after all, Afghanistan Earth is a big place. At this point in our lives, there's lots going on - too much for them to just focus on people and lifestyles from the past.

Now, this isn't a post to lament about people moving on and away from what was. This also isn't trying to say that I think my life's slowly stagnating. (It's not. Despite my financial woes, I think I'm doing pretty okay.) What this is... is me trying to get myself back out there... back on the grid I've apparently hidden from for quite some time.

I expect to become quite familiar (again) with blogging as I plan my next move. After two years on ice, a solo post on this website should be the perfect warm-up. How and what I write about... well, that's up to me.

This is starting to sound like a pep-talk to myself - and you know what? It is.



(Yeah... I went Metal Gear Solid V on you guys. While I know I'm no Big Boss, I couldn't help myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment