Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Non Sequitur 3: Cactus Juice Barbecue

This entry's title was totally not an Avatar: The Last Airbender reference at all. If you think otherwise, your brain is lying to you. IF YOUR BRAIN IS LYING TO YOU, THEN YOU WILL BE ALONE IN THE END. UNLESS YOU HAVE CACTUS JUICE.

*eerie music*

*sips*





CURRENT MUSIC:
Cerrax - "Out of Antidote (Viridian Forest)"
Pokémon: The Missingno Tracks

One of the tracks from OverClocked Remix's Pokémon-themed soundtrack and one of my favorites. Described by the artist as "some kind of bad acid trip via the poison from the Pokémon in the forest," "Out of Antidote" hits those tones perfectly - and maybe a little too eerily, might I add.

As the movie-making enthusiast in me listened to this particular piece, I saw another use for this. Imagine some kind of fantasy-esque setting where the good guys are put under some kind of trial through an eerie and fog-laden location. One by one, the good guys are ambushed and either knocked unconscious or snatched away, leaving the protagonist (and if you want, the deuteragonist as well) all alone in a freaky location.

Regardless, this track gives me the chills and gets me quite paranoid - and if that's what Cerrax was aiming for, then he succeeded. *shivers* Listen to it if you don't believe me... (Think it's not creepy enough? Have it play in the background as you play it again at the same time. Jesus Christ; I got goosebumps.)

Plus, I thought this track would be fitting with how... uhm... let's just say crazy... this entry is. Ahehehehe.

*sips more cactus juice*


Harry Gregson-Williams - "Desperate Chase"
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Original Soundtrack

If anyone knows my tastes in video games, they'll know automatically that I'm a die-hard fan of the Metal Gear Solid series, and part of that is primarily due to the music.

Now, when a game is made correctly, not only will it feel like one giant interactive movie, but it will possess the sound quality you'd hear from an award-winning Hollywood film as well. Guns of the Patriots possessed that quality and played it in spades, and it's partly due to Gregson-Williams' work in the series.

On to "Desperate Chase." I'm not going to spoil the plot of Guns of the Patriots, but it's kind of hard not to considering the piece's title. (Gee, I wonder where I'll hear this in-game.) The first ten seconds just overfills your internal threat meter before exploding into full-throttled, fast-paced action for the rest of the track.

The filmmaker inside me already sees a ton of scenes I could use this piece in to make it amazingly epic. Oh, maaaaaaaan. I'm getting giddy just listening to it. Just be sure not to be driving a car in the freeway when this comes up - if music affects you as it does me, you'll end up in an imaginary "Desperate Chase" of your own. Just watch out for the cops and those tailgating bastards.

(If you don't believe me on its epicness, click that link I provided for it. Again, not recommended for anyone currently driving... fast.)



"You're looking at the rare white dragon bush. Its leaves make a tea so delicious it's heartbreaking! That, or it's the white jade bush, which is poisonous. ... Delectable tea, or deadly poison?"
- Iroh
(Avatar: The Last Airbender episode 2.02: "The Cave of Two Lovers")

Iroh has always been one of my favorite characters from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Wise, hedonistic, easygoing and quickly lovable - personality traits that I picture the ideal version of myself to have are all here in the form of "The Dragon of the West."

Anyway, this particular quote stems from one of his many humorous "tea" moments (pretty much all A:TLA fans love this from him whether they want to admit it or not). And to those of you who either forgot the outcome of this little quandary or have yet to watch this amazing television series (WHAAT!?): it wasn't tea. *laughs*





Good day, ladies and gents. Welcome to another entry in The White Knight Chronicles. Now, for your viewing (dis)pleasure, I present to you the third Non Sequitur entry...

*downs moar cactus juuce*

DISCLAIMER: The White Knight would like to happily remind you that this non sequitur entry is like the previous two before it: crazy enough for you to cause a shift of judgment in regards to my sanity, and sane enough for you to question your shift of judgment afterwards. The White Knight is not responsible for any potential brain aneurysms that might result from you reading this. Care should be advised - if you start experiencing symptoms such as random outbursts, out-of-context laughter, or a case of the "What the fucks?" then cease reading immediately. Follow up by either re-exposing yourself to this entry, or finding a more "sane" and/or "melancholic" entry. Better yet, just go crazy - it's just like treachery: MORE FUN!





Work It Off!
I'm beginning to run out of energy for work. It's day five of six, and I'm starting to feel the full effects of work-oriented fatigue.

Technically, today would have been my last day of work before getting six days off in a row (of which only three were personally requested), but I need money, so I took a shift on Thursday (tomorrow). The other two days (Monday and Tuesday) will probably be shuffled with shifts from somewhere else because if I don't, another six-day block of work will await me. Oy.

Because of my (sleep) schedule and having to go in to work earlier than usual this week (I've been going in at 1600ish each day thus far), today's entry was made a non sequitur. Blame Target (or my monetary greed necessities) if you wanted to yell at me for doing this. Hehehe.

In all seriousness, though, I'm enjoying work. It's a bit of a rarity, so I'm keeping this feeling intact for as long as necessary.



The Tales of Sushi Fridays - Bring On The Cactus Juice Food and Fun!
SUSHI WANT TO EAAAAT. Er, I mean... I get sushi on Friday with a bunch of work friendlies and everything. It'll be awesomely fuuuuun. And then afterwards I got a fun evening planned with more friends because I'm just that awesome.

What a way to start a three-day mini-"vacation" in my mind!



"MANY WHELPS! HANDLE IT!"
(Author's Note: This part is why this entry was tagged as a flash vent.)

Before I continue, let me introduce you to a policy I've recently enacted upon myself. Due to the illogical and ill-mannerisms that most of the children, teenagers, and the occasional immature twenty-somethings that enter my local Target present to us in the retail world, I've refused to call them as such. Instead, whenever I encounter them and want to curse them off to another fellow team member, I will use the "politically correct" term "whelp. Part of this has to do with the fact that whelp sounds awesome and demeaning, and part of this also has to do with the fact that these damn whelps are numerous (especially on any non-school day). The only thing that would probably have more whelps than your local Target would be a World of Warcraft raid group wiping on Onyxia.

Which brings us to now. Basically, any guest that has fallen out of favor with me for some reason will be referred to as a "whelp" from here on out. It makes it so I don't insult any one person in general, and at the same time I can rant about them with little consequence. Muahahaha.

I don't know what it is about summertime that spurs the whelps in the local area to act so... stupid. I say "stupid" not because of a sudden lack of vocabulary, but because it's the only proper way I can represent the whelps as a whole without singling out any single one of them.

I mean... here's a small tip of the iceberg of suffering these whelps put us through.

Yes, people just leave horrible messes behind them like this - as if walking away with an innocent look will absolve them of all the guilt this would have incurred them...
Uhm... o.O
Found this yesterday. Some hooligan whelps who've crowned themselves "The Royal Court of Target" have been coming in as of late and fucking with my store. Their latest endeavor: a camp-out with a barbecue.
And no barbecue is complete with spoiled food to grill, am I right? *annoyed sigh*
(Now you see where the "barbecue" part of the title came from.)
Remind me to take more photos of things whelps do in this store. I want photographic evidence available to the mass public to show that working retail is not just simple fun and games - it's annoying-ass clean-ups that take time out from our already-busy schedules and put us even more behind than what we should be.

Sometimes I wish I possessed the authority to just scream at these whelps for sullying the human gene pool. As much as I'd love to have these bastards eliminated from humanity's existence, we can't do that - I believe those lawyer-folks call it an illegal act of "murder" (or as the whelps would say: "moy-dur" or "mur-dur-hur-hurr"). So, the best I can do is give them an evil eye, an intimidating speech and an "I'm not leaving until you leave and/or fix the problem that got me to hate you in the first place" look.

*holsters a Nerf sword to his PDA holster* This is a start. *evil grin*





Well, until the 'morrow, everyone! Be sure to avoid the cactus juice on your way out!





(Author's Note: No cactus juice was consumed at any time before, during, or after the creation of today's entry. The White Knight was doing an Avatar: The Last Airbender marathon and ended on episode 2.11: "The Desert" - which, as every A:TLA fan knows, is Sokka's (in)famous "advertisement" of cactus juice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment