Thursday, December 6, 2018

Rain Awake

I hate insomnia. Every once in a while I just wake up in the middle of the night and no matter how hard I try, I just can't go back to sleep.

It sucks, but sometimes there's nothing I can do but lie there in bed, asking myself why I'm staring at the dimly-lit ceiling in my room when I could be dreaming about the most random things involving the last few hours of conscious thoughts.


So how did I get to this point? I want to say it was the insomnia, but I'm sure that's not the case (maybe partially, but...).

Was it me suddenly wanting to lie down much earlier than I usually do - falling asleep in the process and waking up afterwards with my body thinking it's good when it's not?

Is it the sudden appearance of actual rain - as in something more than a few drops for a few minutes? (California has weird "definitions" when it comes to rain. I tell everyone to live in Washington for a year so they can know what actual rainfall looks like.)

Is it the order I have at work that's going to have me wake up earlier than usual? My brain trying to force myself up much earlier than I modified my alarms for? The adrenaline rush I wanted my body to give me taking effect much earlier than I desired?

I'm not sure what it is. I just know that I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment