Saturday, November 24, 2012

Rusty Roles

Coming up with role-playing background information is a lot harder than I remember it to be.

Creating the history and lore behind a character... coming up with the reasons behind why they act the way they do... forging a personality that embodies the soul I designed for the character in question... breathing life into his or her actions to make them seem like an authentic person... ...it's quite the task to perform. Careful research has to be done to make the entire experience exude authenticity and proper craftsmanship.

Of course, this is accomplished with enough practice and experience under your belt. However, when you don't get an opportunity to simulate and recreate such experiences, you find yourself a bit rusty.

You'd cower in fear too if you have to face off against a literal embodiment of hatred.
That's how I'm feeling right now with Gefallen. My rustiness is getting in the way, and all I know is that I need practice - much like my combat abilities. However, I'm getting there - and if a bit of practice in both writing and roleplaying is what I need to get myself into an esteemed roleplaying guild, then that's cool.

So until I get another opportunity... we'll see. For now... "/train"

No comments:

Post a Comment