Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Swept Away

For the first time in ages I've actually begun work on that tabletop campaign that my friends wanted me to run. I'm about 90 minutes in, and I can safely say that I feel frazzled.

Right now, I can probably hear one of my friends laughing in the background and thinking, "Josh, I told you that this isn't that hard. You're making this look more difficult than it is." I'm sure he's right. At the same time, though, I need to find a way to bring all the eventual party members in to this game (I'm not doing that stupid "y'all meet in an inn" bullshit) in. Granted, it's not that hard... and the fact that I know I'm making a mountain out of a molehill is just making this worse.

However, I'm certain I can come up with something. All this panicked thinking is actually making my head think in other directions... other parts of the game as a whole. Potential plot lines, possible non-player character names, locales, battlefield scenarios and the like - all of that is just surging through my mind. As I attempted (and still currently attempt) to pick through the best waves to surf through in this torrent of ideas, one realization dawned on me:

This is going to be frakking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment