Thursday, July 19, 2012

23 Wishes

Today's the day! The sun is shining, and you're going to read all the ridiculous magical awesome things I want for my birthday!

See this face? That's on a wall. This wall will not let you pass unless you get me things. Lots of things. Fun things with sweets and joy... and joyness.
And then you'll get me all of them, right? Riiiiiiiiiight?





CURRENT MUSIC:
Go Ichinose - "Viridian Forest"
GBA Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen Music Super Complete


Viridian Forest... this was the one place that taught every single Pokémon trainer that your first aid kit should always (and I mean always) be stocked with all the necessary medical supplies and other necessities. With all the Poison-types inhabiting the lush and vast forest, it was no surprise that the amateur trainer would go in all gung-ho and then run out panicking because their beloved Charmander or Squirtle got poisoned. (Bulbasaur trainers didn't have to worry - poison immunities never looked so appealing.

While the original version on Red and Blue Version captured the tension perfectly (hey, we weren't even ten and we had to brave a forest full of bugs and bug trainers who really ought to reevaluate their preference of "strong" Pokémon? *screams in fear*), this particular rendition of the "Viridian Forest" theme is one that seems to capture both the serenity and the mystery of its namesake location. That's right - it was even more nerve-wracking and tense than it was before.

Quoting a YouTube comment I saw somewhere once: "Hey. Hey, Weedle. Fuck your shit." I don't know about you, but those frakkers always poisoned my team on the first turn. *shakes head*

It's not as creepy as that one OC Remix track I talked about a long time back, but it still gets me to shudder a slight bit whenever I hear it. That's probably a good sign that the music's made a lasting impression. Even after all these years, the Viridian Forest still haunts me and gets me on edge whenever I'm traversing it for the first time in-game.





Good afternoon, everypony! It's time for us to unveil this year's birthday wish list. I did that for my 22nd birthday, and I showed you just how crazy my wish list was for my 21st.

I'm feeling a bit lazy right now, so rather than post the item and a description of why I want it (or why it made it on the list), I'm going to go on a different route and just place the name of the item and an appropriate picture so you can get an idea as to what I want.

This list is in no specific order at all. Don't think that just because an entry is placed last on here that it means that I don't really care if I get it or not.

So, without further ado, here's that list!





Lego Set 4439: Heavy Lift Helicopter


money (and lots of it)


a bottle of Jack Daniels
(it's for cooking something a la Epic Meal Time... and maybe a few shots as well)

Battlestar Galactica: The Plan & Razor Original Soundtrack


Sony Vegas


sushi


a green vuvuzela


a Mekgineer's Chopper


Katamari Forever (PS3)


Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3)

Valkyria Chronicles Original Soundtrack


2 Terabyte External Hard Drive
(wall-powered, preferably Seagate or Western Digital)

bacon


Lego Set 850449: Minifigure Accessory Pack

Lego Set 4184: The Black Pearl


figma - Chie Satonaka (from Persona 4)


Beretta Cx4 Storm (9x19mm)

World of Warcraft time cards


a Denny's Grand Slam
(even though I'll be getting one for free on my birthday =P)

figma - Lelouch Lamperouge (from Code Geass)


figma - Kagami Hiiragi (from Lucky Star)


a great time with my friends


<3






So, for those of you wanting to get me things, that's an idea of what to get me. Feel free to think out of the box and get me anything else you think I'd enjoy!

Until the 'morrow, everypony!

2 comments:

  1. Mekgineer chopper, totally not targeted at me >.>

    ~Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weedle! Hated him so much -.- cool birthday list hahaha!

    ReplyDelete