Saturday, February 4, 2012

Four Zero Zero

Give me a four. Give me a zero. Give me a second zero. What do we have?

THIS ENTRY! *throws confetti*





CURRENT MUSIC:
Tony Jay - "Hellfire"
The Hunchback of Notre Dame: An Original Walt Disney Records Soundtrack


A month or two ago a co-worker and I were having a discussion on Disney songs. Yeah, you read that right: Disney songs. They're great, and sometimes they become even more epic with age (both in terms of how old the song is and how old the listener is now).

Anyway, I started singing along to one of my favorite songs (in case you're wondering: The Lion King's "Be Prepared") and midway through, he told me that while that was a great song (what better way for Scar to explain his ideas of a sordid coup to the audience than song?), he knew of one that was better - The Hunchback of Notre Dame's "Hellfire." I told him that I haven't seen that movie in ages, and he told me to watch it again and pay attention to the villain song.

YouTube user "KitkatandLizzard" stated something that matched my reaction when I popped in the VHS and watched the movie again:
Watching This When I Was Five: Wow, he's really mad at her for messing up the festival...
Watching This Now: O_O WHUT
No, I'm serious. I remember that when I list Disney movies I enjoyed as a child, I don't think that I cited Hunchback more than once or twice. Now I have to reconsider. A song that encompasses the ideas of lust and damnation in its lyrics? Very clever there, Disney. Why are you so cowardly now?

"Be mine or you will burn!" Just imagine if this lyric was a Valentine's Singles' Awareness Day card. Oh, man... it'll either end with assault charges or a premature funeral pyre.


Sporty-O - "Let Me Hit Hit (Audiostalkers Original Mix)"
Beat Freak (A Continuous Electro House DJ Mix)


Those who frequent the Internet or have some decent knowledge of memes will know this musical piece already. Associated with the "When I'm Bored" meme, this audio track definitely makes for music to accompany a video montage.





Well, well... who would've expected me to make it to four hundred entries? Not me. Not the imaginary readers out there.

Today's entry might not have happened if Target decided to give me today off. Why is that important to know? Well, look at the date for today - Saturday, February 04. See that word that says "Saturday?" See how I said earlier that I was given today off? Yeah. That just happened. I got a Saturday off and I didn't even have to ask for it.

Needless to say, within a few hours of waking up I received a phone call from one of my co-workers asking me to come in tonight. I said "no" and cited reasons involving "plans with friends" and "why would I throw away a Saturday off?" (and laughed somewhere along the way) as I "politely" refused.

So, now that you know that today's awesome entry could've been easily averted, I'm going to leave. Mostly because I like having plans. Plans... of evil things. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Until the 'morrow, everyone. In the meantime, have some lunch on me!

Burrito al Pastor and the most interesting combination for a drink ever: mango dragonfruit tea.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment