Sunday, February 19, 2012

Second First Bite

Today might be a Sunday, but it certainly feels like a Tuesday for me. Last week I ended up working from Saturday to Wednesday and had Thursday and Friday off. Yesterday, I worked, and when I looked at my schedule, I found myself to have the exact same Saturday-Wednesday block of work. It's somewhat draining, but hey - at least I'm getting some money to pay things off.

Enough on that, though - you're not here to listen to me talk about my life. (Actually, you are, but let's not get into that.)



"Commencing Virtuous Mission... now on Tuesday the 21st."
I recently tried out the demo for Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D on my 3DS. I have to admit that the controls took a little bit of time to familiarize myself with the controls. I played Snake Eater for the PS2, which used the traditional "top-down" camera format. Subsistence and Guns of the Patriots used a 3D camera, and while I was easily used to that, it was kind of difficult to use the ABXY buttons to control it. Precision sniping's really difficult with that method... (Well, thank goodness I decided to preorder the 3DS Circle Pad Pro.)

The game menus seem to flow a bit smoothly, too. The touchscreen is used to access the main things most people will end up using (Camouflage, Items and Weapons, etc.) without having to hit the start button sixty billion times and wade through the pause menu.

I'm quite excited for this game. As an avid Metal Gear fan, it excites me to have a game that I'm going to thoroughly enjoy from start to finish (again). (Oh, frak. I just realized that if I want my Stealth Camo, I need to hit those bloody Kerotan figures again. Oh, no...)



Well, I have work shortly, so I must get going. Until the 'morrow, everyone. Take care of yourselves, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment