Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Story Cometh

This is a story about how nothing became something, and how I was able to type despite an adverse case of apathy and confusion over what to do with myself.

By the Light... w-what happened to Theramore!?
And maybe a story on why nuclear(-esque) weapons (even virtual-style ones) are bad.





The day began like any other for me: waking up and slowly pulling myself out of bed. I got myself propped up and booted the laptop on. After logging in and checking my e-mail, I found myself staring at the screen with absolutely no idea what to do.

It was 1145.

Yeah. I was lying around again with no idea what to do.
So I pondered over the list of things I had to do today. There was nothing on it save a "work @ 1715" note, and that was about five-point-five hours away. I had to do something to alleviate my boredom and all this spare time. So I spent some time checking out some webcomics I had missed out on reading a few days ago. Their combined updates were able to keep me amused and sated. I looked at the time.

It was 1230.

I grabbed some lunch (Wheat Thins, a Hot Pocket, and some Tang) and chowed down to get some energy. While this happened I logged on to World of Warcraft in what turned out to be a vain effort. I wanted to participate in the Attack on Theramore Isle but found that both Gefallen and Chariselle were completely undergeared for it. Regardless, I watched videos and read the history behind this pre-Mists of Pandaria event and found myself completely horrified over the events of what happened.

No, it's not because the Alliance and Horde are now officially at war. (For any of my RP characters wishing for neutrality, there's always the Argent Crusade.) It's not because I wasn't able to participate first-hand in the attack on/defense of Theramore. It's because the scope and magnitude of what occurred was just so devastating and appalling.

Yes, I'll admit that Garrosh Hellscream's idea to lure high-ranking Alliance officials to Theramore so he could launch a powerful mana bomb on the stronghold was a clever idea, but was it necessary to cause all that damage - both to the Horde's armies (they lost a great deal of soldiers during the siege) and to the Alliance? It was so atrocious that some of the other Horde leaders (Vol'jin and Baine Bloodhoof, specifically) even spoke out against it. Meanwhile, Garrosh shrugs off all complaints and claims that a sudden void of Alliance commanders would cripple the military leadership of the Horde's longtime enemy.

I compare such an action to some zealous world leader detonating a nuke at some high-ranking summit with numerous world leaders. Despicable, inhumane... Lords, it's horrible. Theramore no longer exists on the map (which saddens me - I have fond memories questing there), and Blizzard will make that official in-game with Patch 5.1. Garrosh has now become hated even by the most patriotic of Horde players. And when the Alliance lays siege to Orgrimmar... believe me when I say Gefallen's going to take pleasure in gutting that bastard of an orc. Hell, that might be the only thing I do when I run into the Horde capital.

Lady Jaina Proudmoore pictured with her sadly-deceased apprentice, Kinndy Sparkshine.
Warchief Garrosh Hellscream: you are a plague amongst both my people and to your fellow Horde brethren. Your madness knows no bounds, and as such, I believe it's Azeroth's duty to remove your petulance from existence. For Theramore! FOR THE ALLIANCE!

*clears throat*

Anyway, me eating lunch and reeling in shock over the loss of Theramore took a bit of time from me.

It was 1400.

Still had some time to kill. And out of nowhere, I had this urge to look at some of my friends' blogs and other blogs that I used to read. I figured it'd be a great way to inspire myself to write something on my own blog. (And at the very least, it'd kill time while I waited for my shift to start.)

And while I read various entries (ranging from a review of Persona 4 Arena, a quick-write on "why cable is for dummies," and an adventure through depression), I realized a few things:
  1. I haven't typed up today's entry yet.
  2. I need to stop typing lame blogs.
  3. I haven't posted comments. I probably should.
And thus, this story about how my day's been so far erupted. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some things to take care of.

Namely, I have to shower and prepare for work and other things. Also, I have to post comments on my friends' blogs like the friend I promised myself I'd be.

So, until the 'morrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment