Monday, September 17, 2012

Gangnam Monotony

Day 261 in the 12th year after the Millenium War began.

What is there to talk about today, I wonder? What is there? This world has been trashed since the start of this war - no hope for a future, for love, for peace. Despite this, my commanding officer found it "imperative for the future" for us to document our dull and dreary lives. *scoff* "Imperative" my ass.

You have to be vigilant at all times. Even Lego!me has to remain alert in case anyone attacks...
Currently I'm situated at an abandoned library in the ruins of Thessalia. (Peyton says it's the Sutherlands Regional Library...) It's been situated as the OP for today. Due to the hectic fighting around the Thessalian streets, we've been forced to advance at a remarkably slow rate of one block per day. The Cremisians are really giving us Hell, and it looks like they want this city just as bad as we do...

So, here I am, writing in this journal because it's been relatively quiet. Sporadic movement here and there, but my guess is that it's just a recon element poking around for gaps in our front line. (They haven't found anything yet - and if they did, I'm sure that the mortars I called in eliminated them.) But apart from the bloody war that I'm participating in, what is there to write about? What IS there that's worth jotting down in this notebook for "the future" to read? At this point, I don't really see anything worth jotting down.

Now, don't get me wrong - I believe in my commanding officer. (I have to; she's the princess.) I honestly believe in Lieutenant Allisenna Novelli and her wish to liberate the country that was stolen from her by war. I wish to see her homeland (as well as my own) freed from the unholy grasp of Cremisa and sovereignty restored to Her Highness. But... how does this... this documentation that's "imperative for the future..." how does it help us win a battle that seems nigh victorious? A stagnant war that should have been over years ago?

It's been said that the pen is mightier than the sword, but so far my rifle's killed more men and women than this book has. (I should consider Lady Kurz to be lucky - she claims to have dirtied her pen with the blood of a Cremisan.) So, why write? Why bother to preserve our dimly-lit history with the minutiae of war and -

If I was a soldier who spotted this while at an OP, I think I'd stare in confused shock.
...what the...!? There's... there's a Cremisan dancing. Let me say that again: a Cremisan. Dancing. RIGHT ON THE MLR. Is he asking to get sniped? (Where the hell's Webster when I need him?) I should probably radio this in to the Lieutenant... which means that I'll probably be moving out in a bit.

So, until the next time I'm able to write in this thing. Who knows - mayhaps I'll have a good reason as to why Her Highness' "imperative" order was an excellent one.

- J.G. Alexander
(MC2, SRDF Navy)





(Author's Note: Hehehe. It's been a while since I've referenced this work of mine. I was originally going to whine about how I have nothing to talk about today, but then this popped up - how fitting, huh?)





CURRENT MUSIC:
PSY - "Gangnam Style"
PSY 6 (Six Rules), Part 1

If you've yet to hear of this song, then you don't frequent the Internet at all. (Or worse: you're not cool as the rest of us.) Regardless of whether or not you've heard of this song, click the video below to get your Gangnam going.



For those not in the know, "Gangnam Style" (강남스타일 for those of you who can read Hangul) is a Korean hip hop song by Park Jae-sang (known by his stage name PSY). Released as a single off of his sixth album, this addictive earworm of a song first hit YouTube back on July 15 this year. Initially only viewed by Korean music fans, others began to find themselves highly amused and entertained by the catchy dance moves and the absurd visuals on the music video.

Indeed, I found myself wondering if I needed medication when I first watched the music video several days ago. However, that feeling quickly subsided as I realized how hilarious and viral this piece is. (It also subsided when I found out that I'm probably at least a month behind all the memes of the world...) Within minutes, I found myself playing the video again and attempting to copy PSY's movements.

If you find yourself confused with the whole thing (there are quite a number of people who had some kind of "What the frak?" reaction), don't be. As PSY described it:
"Gangnam is a territory in Seoul, Korea. I describe it as noble at the daytime and going crazy at the night time. I compare ladies to the territory. So - noble at the daytime, going crazy at the night time - and the lyric says I am the right guy for the lady who is like that."
Hehehe. After reading that, I could've sworn that the lyrics behind "Gangnam Style" felt like a musical mullet - business up front; party in the back!

Anyway, I know one thing's for sure... I'm definitely blasting this at work again. (Yeah, I already did play it. Last night, as a matter-of-fact.) After a co-worker dared me to blare it as I was clearing the toys department, I began to play it and danced along. I wasn't that good, but I'm improving.

Oppan Gangnam seutail! *dances along to the video*





Afternoon, everypony, and happy Monday to you!





I'm going to be honest with you and say that it's actually been difficult to write anything on here lately. (Yeah, that's a stark contrast to what I wrote above, huh?) What I mean by this is that I've had difficulty wanting to do anything decent for y'all on here.

Don't get me wrong - life's good in almost all aspects so far, and I'm getting ample amounts of relaxation. (Which means that I shouldn't be that stressed or anything.) I'm having a decent time at work with friends. Things with my girlfriend are going very smoothly. I'm playing enough video games to keep me sated.

So what made me look like I was posting crap throughout the first half of this month? When I had my epiphany yesterday, I struggled to find an answer. A plethora of ideas swarmed my mind, but only one seemed to make any sort of sense.

I think this is a clever way to describe how ADHD works.
(xkcd © Randall Munroe)
I want to say that it's a combination of indecision and a multitude of ideas swamping me all at once.

It couldn't have been lethargy or a lack of passion for writing. The drive to write is there, but I didn't know what to focus my energies on. There were so many choices to choose from, but my lack of motivation to choose any one ended up in me looking all lame for the first half of the month. And we all know how that turned out. Blech.

However, since I'm practically promising myself (and by extension, all of y'all) to make the latter half of September to consist of better-quality entries, I might as well work on all of those ideas. And what are those ideas, you ask? Well, there's quite a few, so I'll just list the ones I know will show up somewhere along the rest of the month:
  • a new Top Ten list (maybe two...?)
  • an update on my life
  • my roleplaying exploits on World of Warcraft
  • something involving World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
  • new 1000 Blank White Cards
  • a post involving something from one of my Penseives
  • other things I didn't list here
Yeah. Definitely something to look forward to, huh?





Well, I have things to do before work today. Laundry, gasoline refilling, and numerous races on Mario Kart 7 (my girlfriend somehow bumped me down from "Star Racer" to "Drift Wizard" - needless to say, I was furious =P) - it looks to be a busy afternoon and night.

What... you thought I was joking when I said I was dancing along? HAH!
So, until the 'morrow, everypony! I'll see y'all later. Live life the best you can until then - and if you can't do that, then life life "Gangnam Style!" *dances*

No comments:

Post a Comment