Saturday, March 2, 2013

Break Out the Drawing Board!

I yearn for some kind of reader base for my blog here. Despite what I put on here, I just can't seem to draw people in. I write decent entries (well, at one point I did), make the site feel accessible to most potential patrons, and occasionally put something cool and/or funny up. And while I can get some views (I usually get more if I post a link on my Facebook), the resulting statistics are not what I was hoping for. I went to sleep wondering why, and it took me the whole night to realize the very obvious answer.

This is a personal blog.

That basically meant that the only people reading this entry - or any entry on here, for that matter - would be yours truly, Wendy (who admits herself to be my number one fan), random friends bored enough to check out the link I slapped on Facebook, people lost on the Internet mindlessly shuffling through their search engine results, spambots, and people trying to look up information on that PlayStation 3 game White Knight Chronicles. Other than that, I don't get much traffic. With the severe lack of quality entries lately, I could say that's a good thing.

I just want the simple things in life...
However, I am a guy who craves attention and fame (as can be seen in the above photo), and it is my desire to increase traffic on this site legitimately. That just sounds like an impossibility considering the facts... but you know what they say about winners. (In case you don't: "winners never quit."*) And last I checked, I haven't considered myself out of the fight just yet.

Which comes to the core (and conclusion) of today's entry: the idea to create a second, non-personal blog. I have a few ideas circling through my head, and I think if I put enough thought into it, I might be able to turn one of these ideas into reality.

Break out the drawing board!
Now if you excuse me, I've got some things to plan out and numerous notes to jot down! *scribbles*

No comments:

Post a Comment