Monday, December 19, 2011

Prophetic Slumber - The Awakening

I had a hard time motivating myself to get up out of bed today. My alarm clock chirped me awake at 0900, and I'd tell it to shut up by smacking the snooze button. A few minutes later, it'd scream at me again and I'd slap it quiet in response and attempt to lull myself back to dream land. (And no, I don't mean the "Dream Land" of the Kirby games.)

This exchange lasted for a good hour or two before I decided to finally get up.

For a few moments I sat there, just wondering why it took me so bloody long to pull myself up. Fatigue? No; I just woke up. Lethargy? How could that be; it's my day off. Mental exhaustion? Hard to possess when your tolerance for stupidity has been the only thing drained from your brain.

So what was it? A premonition... that something dark is coming. I'll explain later - have to clock back in to my oh-so-calm (not) job.

No comments:

Post a Comment