Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Resolution Confidence

As the halfway point of this month (the 16th) draws ever so closer, it's gotten me to think about some things. Namely, how I did this year in relation to how I did last year - or in other words: did I got any better or did I get worse?

Retail © Norm Feuti
Heh. I already know the answer to that question.

But rather than look at the downspins I've had to go through, we'll instead focus on a more positive (and therefore more hilarious) note: the fact that I'm actually going to succeed with my New Year's resolution for 2011.

You read that right. I made one resolution and only one. This was because in years prior I had made two fatal mistakes:
  1. I put waaaaaay too many resolutions on my plate - even if they were micro-sized.
  2. I had pressured myself to attempt to overachieve by setting out to perform the impossible.
I can say with fair confidence that 2011's one resolution will be successful.

I will make it to December 31 with one entry for each calendar day of the year.

While it can be argued that this resolution was an exceedingly simple one (it kind of is, when you look at it), it was by no means simple to perform. Regardless, the fact that I know I'm going to succeed has bolstered my confidence.

Matter-of-fact: I already have a list of New Year's resolutions set up for 2012. While that revelation doesn't seem at all surprising (this is me we're taking about here), what will surprise you is the fact that this list has been in the works since August. Then again, if you know me well enough, you probably weren't surprised by that fact, either.

I don't know if I'm going to post them here before or after the turn of the year, so if you're trying to spy on me here, keep your eyes peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment