Friday, December 16, 2011

Ten Free Gifts for Me

In today's news, the wait that Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors have been enduring is finally over in the form of an early Christmas present. Nintendo has finally released the ten free Game Boy Advance games promised to all those who purchased a 3DS at the original standard price of $249.99 USD.

In alphabetical order, those games are as follows:
  • F-Zero Maximum Velocity
  • Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
  • Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
  • Mario Kart: Super Circut
  • Mario vs Donkey Kong
  • Metroid Fusion
  • Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
  • Wario Land 4
  • WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$

These games are exclusively for Nintendo Ambassadors only. All you other 3DS owners who bought it at the lower $169.99 USD can suck it. =P

Anyway, when I saw that they updated the 3DS shop so we Ambassadors could download these games (finally), I took a bit of time to look over the titles available to us special people. I was rather surprised with the selection. After getting over the "whoo, free swag" euphoria, I began to garner some thoughts about each of the games.


F-Zero Maximum Velocity
I never really was much of an F-Zero gamer. The only reasons why I knew of the franchise was because of two things:
  1. I have a friend who plays the F-Zero games.
  2. Captain Fabulous Falcon.
But hey - who am I to refuse a free game? Especially one that I'll play because I absolutely loved my Game Boy Advance? (So much in fact, that my friend "preserved" it with floral tape. It's sitting in my storage unit somewhere, so remind me to fetch you a photo of it when I get the chance - or rather, when I find it.)


Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
I became ecstatic after seeing this pop up. I'll admit: I'm more of a "newer" fan of Fire Emblem - I was introduced to the series during my upperclassman high school years. While Sacred Stones wasn't the first game in the series that I played (Path of Radiance has that honor), it was the first Fire Emblem I actually finished. Now that I have it again, I know I'm going to have so much fun.

For you Fire Emblem fans: if you know this game, I have a few things to say.
  1. Natasha/Joshua. I liked their relationship so much that I've already decided on using them for my final party.
  2. Amelia. FRAK, YES. When I did a second run-through on my original GBA cartridge, I decided to try the three recruits out. Amelia's stat growths were so insane she became a badass General. With boots.

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
I remember this game... it was, like almost ten years ago. It was short, but it was pretty fun. FIGHTER POWERUP FTW.


The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Can't say I've played this before, but hey - that means another thing for me to play through on my eventual "video game vacation" I'll be taking sometime next year. (I should probably also work on Wind Waker and Link's Awakening, too...


Mario Kart: Super Circuit
As much as I adore the Mario Kart games, I've never played Super Circuit. Guess it's time for me to do so now!


Mario vs Donkey Kong
Same goes with the Mario vs Donkey Kong series. New stuffs!


Metroid Fusion
The only Metroid game I've completed is Super Metroid for the Super Nintendo. That should change, and I think Fusion will be key in that.


Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
The Game Boy Advance Port of Super Mario World 2, eh? Awesome. Naval Piranha, you're about to get some payback for freaking me out oh-so-many-years-ago.


Wario Land 4
This was one of the first games I got for my Game Boy Advance. Anyone with a Game Boy of some iteration was likely to possess some game in the Wario Land series. Now I once again have a chance to get the anti-Mario his treasure! *Wario laugh*


WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
Ahehehe... I remember this game quite fondly. So many silly games - so little time for all of them. Ahehehe. I'm going to enjoy this a LOT - especially since I want to unlock all the microgames.

Merry frakkin' Christmas, indeed. =D

Now if you'll excuse me, I got games to play. *gleefully starts up Sacred Stones*

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad we finally got our games! I've never played any of these, but they all look really good. Personally, I couldn't get into the NES games. Then again, I've always sucked at NES games. :P -W.K.

    ReplyDelete