Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Look Into the Past: "Upgraded Financial Compromise"

Since I've been up this morning, I've been cleaning house. I'm a bit of a pack rat, and I know that I have a lot of things to sort through. And then it hit me - it's 1400! I have work in two hours, and I haven't posted a blog entry for today yet! Frak!

For lack of time, I decided to look at the past and see a random entry I posted long, long, long ago. It's interesting to look at the past sometimes, and this not only gives me my one thousand word quota for the day, but it also lets you readers see how I used to operate years ago. It's kinda similar to how I operate now, but at the same time there's a level of maturity not present in it.

It amazes me sometimes how I was once like this. But why speak about it when I can show you what I was like back then?

[ORIGINAL POST CREATED ON: Wednesday, August 12, 2006}




BLOG TITLE MEANING:
In short: my weekend's both great and crappy.
That, and I need a favor from those who are willing to accept...



CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:
Fort Minor
- "Slip Out The Back (f. Mr. Hahn)"
Great song.

L'Arc~en~Ciel - "READY STEADY GO"
Most people will recognize this as one of the opening themes of Fullmetal Alchemist.
Of course, it's also the current piece playing on my main page. It's full of energy and happiness, as well as meaning, like most music does.
Plus, it's J-Rock! Who can't resist J-Rock? lol



"Older men declare war, but it is the youth that must fight and die."
- Herbert Hoover

Ironically true.



THE NEW THING I LEARNED TODAY:
Aspect Ratios

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_(image))

In truth, I know about it, but I never really the basics about how it worked.
I kinda see it a bit, and now I see why I play most of my console games on 4:3 (normal) while I play my SNES on 16:9 (widescreen)... it just doesn't look right seeing Samus and Mario thinner than they should be. lol





Wazzap, everybody?
Whitey here with yet another blog as summer sadly comes to a close.
Cursed school district and their evil plot to kill us all by wasting our minds in school...

So, let's get started by filling y'all in on some stuff...





School starts WHEN!?!?!

Sadly, it starts on Monday, August 28th. And it's a full week.
My condolances to those whose birthdays fall on that week - that's gotta be the crappiest way to celebrate.

If you don't believe me, then check here. (It'll only show if you have some version of Adobe Acrobat Reader or some sort of .PDF viewer.)
The link is to a printoutable .PDF document showing OUHSD's 06-07 schedule.
Seriously, take a look and see how fucked we are in terms of school-enslavement.

*sigh* Dammit, only two weeks left...
If anyone wants to party or hang out (with me or anyone else), I suggest you start planning now. A fortnight isn't much time to do stuff.



More Job Antics

So I found out some other things about my job.

First off, when I looked at my schedule, it said I don't have to work from August 22nd through September 5th.
Oddly funny and sad at the same time.

Good things would include not working and having a few days before school starts to throw one last summer party or something.

Bad things include the fact that school starts (UGH!) and the fact that I don't get to earn any pay.

But I can't win 'em all, so sacrificing some pay in order to have one last stand against school enslavement or whatever could be worth it. [shruggles]



Upgraded Cell Phone!

So my dad came up to me at 0100 this morning whilst playing around in StepMania with two of his cell phones in hand.
He told me to pick one for me to have.

And now, here's the problem.
I like both of them.

Which is why I need those of you who're cell phone junkies (or just savvy cell phone connoisseurs) to help me out.

The following are pictures of the two phones in consideration, as well as links to their respective specifications.
I like both, but I'm leaning towards the second more because it's so cool. But the first one has a slot for a lanyard...!
Just help me out - suggestions, things to check, etc.!

(Nokia 7610)

(Sony P910A)

So the question is... ...which one...?



THE FINANCIAL FAVOR THAT'S TOTALLY BENEFICIAL TO BOTH PARTIES

In short: I WANT A CAMCORDER.

Why, you ask?
For one: video production.
And two: my project.

But seeing as they're pretty pricey, and I don't have enough dinero (nor will I have enough by the time that I'll actually need it), that's where you come in.

I need cash. If anyone's willing to loan me money, I'll be extremely grateful.
How grateful? Grateful enough to pay you back with 50% INTEREST.
I'm dead serious.
That's how much I need/want a camcorder so badly.

You all know full well that I'm good with paying people back (even though it may take a bit of time), so don't think I'm trying to swindle you or anything.

I'll only take loans when I confirm what specific camcorder I want.
Until then, if you're now interested in making a little money by giving up some, then save up, wait 'til I find something I want, and then offer it, because I'll accept loans until I have enough money to buy the camcorder (and any possible accessory/program/warranty).
Meaning that (for example) if I find a camcorder I want for $300, I'll accept loans from anyone until the loan amount (combined with any amount of cash I'd have on my person) equals at least $300 (because there'll probably be more stuff to nab, like I said).

So how is it beneficial, like the Mini-Blog Title suggests?
I win by getting a camcorder far before I could ever have enough money to buy it myself.
You win by getting paid back in full with 50% interest. (So if you shockingly loan me a hefty sum - like, $300 or something - you'll suddenly get a huge surge of cash back and gain quite a sum.)





That's it for now, folks!
I'll see y'all later!

PLEASE, HELP OUT HERE!!!





- Josh D. "Whitey" Blanco
(I want to start so bad, while the idea's fresh in mind...)

No comments:

Post a Comment