Friday, November 25, 2011

Treats in Chaos

*yawns* Morning, everybody. While most of y'all aren't able to read this right now because of work, Black Friday shopping sprees, I'm sure that the few of us waiting to switch in to take the helm will find this enjoyable right now. The rest of ya'? Enjoy it once you're home. =P





CURRENT MUSIC:
Yoko Shimomura - "A Place Where Wind and Feather Return"
Radiant Historia Piano Selections


As you already know, one of my big things in liking various media - including video games - is the music - if it doesn't capture the mood well enough, it may not capture my interest (forcing the story to perform all the saving throws). Fortunately for Nintendo DS's Radiant Historia both story and music got my attention, so I ended up playing it (and eventually beat it many months later). It's all great and awesome, especially when the music invokes good use of emotions.

Most starting copies of Radiant Historia included a short CD consisting of piano-solo variants of the game's soundtracks. "A Place Where Wind and Feather Return" was one such track that already held enough emotion to hold you over for several go-arounds. Yoko Shimomura took it one more step further and transcribed this beautiful piece so a piano could make the same hauntingly beautiful melodies on its own volition.





Hello, everybody. Just here to post some stuff about life (not just my life), music, toys, the fears and terrors of Black Friday, and what not. Pardon my... let's call it "uninteresting" topics. They're interesting to me, which means they bloody well better be interesting to you.

*intimidating sip*
Think of this as a light entry to sate your "I want stuff from your blog, Josh" feelings as I prep up for Black Friday and get myself psyched up to work. *sips*





Thanksgiving Din-Din of Awesome
(A pinch of salt's not what made this dinner tasty.)

Everyone has Thanksgiving plans of some kind - even "evil" and crazy people like myself. So last night I spent Thanksgiving with my cousins. It was a fantastic dinner filled with fun times and tasty food.

Itadakimasu~!
From left to right:
Front: honey-glazed spiral ham, baked macaroni and cheese
Second Row: chicken, cupcakes, assorted chocolate cheesecake, pancit, pork sisig
Third Row: Salad, lumpia, barbecue pork cutlets
Back Row: strawberries & cream





Havin' the Time of Their Lives
(Because everyone loves fun things caught on video.)

And to close things off, here's a "random" video that was performed and posted back on the 11th. Target store 1027 (my store) had a visit that morning from Regional VPs (in other words: my bosses' bosses' bosses). Earlier that week, the execs (my bosses) cooked up an idea to have a flash mob performance during the visit. This is what ensued.


What's funny is that when they were trying to get the regular team members and everything to practice during the week, I decided to take it a step further and actually sort-of improvise the routine when I tried out. (Hey, I love flash mobs. While I haven't performed or executed any, I have plenty of awesome ideas.) After two of my bosses and about a dozen of my fellow co-workers witnessed my "awesome performance" (their words; not mine - I swear it), word-of-mouth spread it to the other execs, who wanted me to join them after the first wave performance. As much as I would've loved to, I unfortunately had other engagements that morning.

Eh, oh, well. The next time they plan something like this, they know who they're calling. *smiles*





Well, that's going to be it for today. I'll see y'all tomorrow - just as long as I don't die tonight at work. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment