Monday, January 25, 2016

Auto-Sleepless

This weird pseudo-insomnia's back, and it's not letting me relax the way I'd like to relax. Not enough sleep at once, not enough energy spent working on things... not enough, not enough. Normally, I'd be okay with being like this - I get to work on personal things every so often, and in the past, I'd still have enough energy for the rest of the day.

Not this time, though. I don't have the youthfulness I did back then, and I'm sure I didn't have as much pressure to be successful as I do now. Less responsibilities, too - man, I sure had it easy back then. The worst part is that I'm hurting on sleep, and I'm sure I'm going to pay for it in the long run. For now, though, I'll just have to take this in stride and figure out a way for me to be able to work (my brain tends to be on autopilot while I'm awake in the night hours, and my body can't seem to go back to sleep no matter what I try).

Maybe I should invest in the occasional catnap. Sounds like a perfectly acceptable idea for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment